- We have received an email from Judy Spires, on behalf of Larry Gunnell, and Carol Spelz. You may or may not know, but this trio works tirelessly keeping the trails at Fechtel safe and mowed. Hurricane Irma has caused a lot of damage to the park, so extra efforts are needed to return the park to its former condition. Here is an excerpt of an email from Judy asking for help in this effort:
“I am writing this on behalf of Carol, Larry and myself. We have riders inquiring about helping with cleanup at Fechtel, which is greatly appreciated.
If you have ridden Fechtel since the hurricane you know what a mess we have. The north end is cleared and mowed unless more came down after the rain storm Monday night. We are in process of clearing the main road south. Lots of large trees are down preventing access to other trails.
Many of the trails are so wet they can’t be cleared so we are waiting for those to dry up some before scheduling an official workday. That will happen. We need lots of help and means of getting volunteers to and from the trails.
In the meantime, during the week, we are taking a few volunteers and working the dry trails. Larry, Carol and/or myself are required to be there so we have to schedule according to the times we have available to work with those that can help. Those that are available to help before the organized group workday, can contact me by email, phone or text, 352-459-5129. I will keep Larry and Carol apprised.
We so appreciate everyone’s concern and willingness to help. This will take time to get our beautiful trails rideable but working together, we can do it!
- Board members met on July 16, 2017 to set the new ride calendar.
- Welcome to four new board members: Julie Cesary, Trudee Mason, Robin Bures, and Brett Bures
- Club dues for 2017/2018 are $20 per individual and $35 for a family. Sign up forms and releases will be US mailed to each individual on the roster, along with a copy of the ride calendar.
- Robin Bures has a new horse and Tracy McCommon has a new trailer….congrats to you both! Can’t wait to see them both in the new ride year!